Top Bridal Shower Themes For 2012
A bridal shower is a group party wherein the bride receives gifts in preparation for her married life. With friends and family assembling together for the send-off to singlehood, bridal showers are also great opportunities to bond with the people close to the bride’s heart. There are several themes that make the shower more fun, interesting and joyful. Of course, the theme will depend on the bride’s preference. Here is a shortlist of the top bridal shower themes for 2012.
- The 80’s Retro Party- Known as the decade of bright, shiny colors and unique fashion, bridal shower organizers select this theme to incorporate more life and fun into the special occasion. Neon colors such as electric pink, bright orange and fluorescent green can be used to decorate the shower venue. Request your guests to wear anything inspired by the 80’s style. Never forget to play some cool and sassy 80’s music to complete the ambience too. Dance and sing the night away with your family and friends.
- The Tea Party- Considered as one of the most popular themes for bridal showers, the tea party theme remains one of the top bridal shower ideas for the coming year. Elegant, class and easy to organize, you could enjoy having an afternoon tea with your friends and family with sharing of stories and experiences. You may opt for a simple tea party or a Victorian-inspired shower. Bring out the checked table cloth, the matching teapot and teacups and decorate the table with fresh and fragrant flowers from your garden. Steep some jasmine or oolong tea and serve cookies, cake or pastries for your guests.
- The Luau Party- Luau party is very festive and colorful. You don’t need to live or come from a tropical region such as Hawaii just to have a luau party. You can use this theme for a bridal shower if you want to exude a fun, warm and summery feel. Buy some leis from a party supplies store and get these ready for your guests to wear. Also decorate the shower venue with tropical flowers, Tiki posts and candles to complete the luau feel. Play some Hawaiian luau music and make sure to request your guests to wear flower headbands, hula-hula skirts and floral tops. Serve fruity drinks using coco palm cups and have a tropical-flavored menu that includes pineapple chicken, mango cake, fresh fruit bowls and other dishes reminiscent of the Hawaiian dream.
- The Celebrity Bridal Shower- This kind of bridal shower is becoming more popular nowadays. Using Hollywood culture as the basis for this theme, guests are required to dress-up in the way their favorite actresses or actors wear their outfits. Film spools and other objects that represent the Hollywood movie industry are used to adorn the party venue. You may also assign the celebrities to be impersonated by your guests. Have Beyonce, Lady Gaga, Elvis Presley, Michael Jackson, and other big celebrities attend your bridal shower! You could also ask your guests to deliver a message using lines from blockbuster Hollywood movies.
- The Pub Party- If you want to imbibe the look and feel of a local pub or bar, go for this theme! Arrange the tables and bar stools in such a way that they would resemble the interiors of your favorite club or bar. Hold the shower at your house’s own bar. Stock up your supplies with the right wine choices to present several drink options to your guests. Prepare some finger foods or small bites such as open-faced sandwiches, hors‘d oeuvres, or chips and dip.
- The Jack and Jill Party- If you want to save some money but you still want to have a bridal shower and a bachelor party, you may do so by combining these two parties in one and holding a “Jack and Jill” party. You may purchase decorations that could double as prizes for the games. Prepare food such as delicious appetizers, main course, desserts and cocktail drinks for the guests. You may also opt for a pizza and movie type of party. Skip the time-consuming process of preparing a lot of dishes. Instead, order several pizzas, rent several good movies and bond with the guests in a make-shift movie house.