Top 10 Bible Readings for a Christian Wedding Ceremony
Many people still consider a church wedding as their most preferred type of union. Since wedding day is one of the biggest and most significant days in the lives of couples, they opt to have their matrimonial ceremonies inside God’s abode. A Christian wedding will never be complete without some good Bible verses that are suitable for the occasion. Bible verses not only translate into words the feeling and the importance of becoming united under God’s presence but these also serve as reminders about the meaning and sanctity of marriage for everybody present in the church.
1. Proverbs: 18:22– He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the Lord
2. 1 Corinthians 13:4-13– Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered; it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
3. Matthew 19: 4-6–”Haven’t you read,” he replied, ” that at the beginning the Creator made them male and female and said, ” For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh” So they are no longer two but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate.
4. Ruth 1:16-18– Whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God: Where thou diest, will I die, and there will I be buried: the LORD do so to me, and more also, if ought but death part thee and me.
5. John 15:9-17– As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father’s commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you.
6. Colossians 3: 18-19– Wives, submit to your husbands as is fitting in the Lord. Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them.
7. Numbers 6:24-26– The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace.
8. Song of Songs 8:6-7 — Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm, for love is as strong as death, its jealousy unyielding as the grave. It burns like blazing fire, like a mighty flame. Many waters cannot quench love, rivers cannot wash it away. If one were to give all the wealth of his house for love, it would be utterly scorned.
9. Genesis 1: 27-28– So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him, male and female he created them. God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number, fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”
10. Deuteronomy 24:5– If a man has recently married, he must not be sent to war or have any other duty laid on him. For one year he is to be free to stay at home and bring happiness to the wife he has married.