The Wording You Need for Your Wedding Ceremony Program
Wedding is one of the most important days in the life of a man and a woman. This is the special moment when they establish their union through an official ceremony. Aside from the dress and suits, flowers, venues, menu and the guest list, one of the essential details that couples must pay attention to is the wedding program. It allows the groom and the bride to inform their guests about the order of the wedding ceremony, detail the wedding party, thank the guests and provide additional information in case the need arises.
Couples have a wide variety of options in creating their wedding program. They can hire an organizer to plan the program or they can do it themselves. The wedding program can be very simple or elaborate, depending on the preferences of the groom and bride. Whichever they choose, it must reflect their personalities and must include all the necessary details about the wedding.
Before shopping for your wedding program, make sure to get your details right. There’s no place for even the smallest mistakes on your big day, so know the exact spelling of the venues, your guests as well as the right date and time. Choose your preferred material for the program and set out the appropriate budget. Take time to double-check your contacts for the ceremony and reception to ensure that the details about the wedding are final. Place your order for your programs at least six months before the big day. This will provide you with sufficient time to fix any errors and to deliver them to your guests right on time.
What Should Go into Your Wedding Program?
On your wedding program cover, you must include your partner and your own name, the address where the wedding ceremony will take place and the date and time. You may add some graphics or styles that you want on the cover to make it more personalized. Inside the program, print the order of the matrimonial ceremony itself. Take note of the following tips in choosing the correct wording for your wedding program.
1. Outline the ceremony order by emphasizing the prelude, seating arrangement, vows, readings for the ceremony and the processional.
2. You may also include the titles of the musical pieces to be used in the ceremony as well as some selected lyrics and the prayers.
3. At the wedding party section, make sure to include the full names of the participants. Use appropriate titles such as Miss, Mr. and Mrs.
4. Thank your guests with a special note or a closure in the final section of your program. If you have a deceased family member or friend, use it to honor them. A good closing piece would be a nice poem or quote that embodies your feelings.
To give you an idea about the right wording of the wedding party, check out this example.
- Parents of the Bride
- Parents of the Groom
- Grandparents of the Bride
- Grandmothers of the Groom
- Maid of Honor
- Flower Girl
- Best Men
- Ring Bearer